MUFG Cloud Engineering, Vice President - Remote/NY in Albany, New York
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 6th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 160,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
This is a remote position. A member of our recruitment team will discuss location preferences with you in more detail.
In this role you will provide oversight for the engineering and design of cloud environments. You will act as a technical resource across a vast array of infrastructure products and initiatives, own the solutions architecture, engineering, and operations, and design and operate the infrastructure and configuration of applications with a focus on automation and infrastructure as code. Individuals in the Cloud Engineering job function (Technology Infrastructure job family) focus on cloud services, such as software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), and infrastructure as a service (IaaS), and implementing, maintaining, and supporting components defined by the infrastructure architect as being required for cloud computing. Responsibilities include developing cloud solutions and implementing service models – public (AWS, Azure), private, or hybrid cloud solutions – compatible with end-user needs.
High Level Responsibilities:
Designing and optimizing product testing and deployment procedures. Setting up, configuring and maintaining organizational networks and system infrastructure; generating system improvements based on business needs.
Managing each phase of electronic data exchange to ensure its efficiency and accuracy. Developing security related policies and guidelines; applying and monitoring the implementation of a security infrastructure.
Documenting, analyzing and merging all tasks and resources that are needed to execute an integration project. Deploying virtual systems and network resources according to specifications based on established guidelines.
Delivering training documents on new system/software installations and configurations for junior staff and clients. Collaborating with other departments to troubleshoot and resolve network connectivity and stability issues on product infrastructure or the data center.
• Lead the design, build, implementation, and delivery of AWS and Microsoft Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) / Platform as a Service (PaaS) / Software as a Service (SaaS), including compute, networking, security, identity and access management (IAM), backup, monitoring, and data / business intelligence (BI)
• Maintain a highly secure system through proper security practices to ensure security and regulatory compliance requirements are met
• Mentor less experienced team members and provide guidance and support in meeting their objectives
• Communicate architecture guidelines and technical details to technical and non-technical audiences
• Interface with engineering teams, product management, business units, and customers to define and deliver robust, scalable, and agile architectures in support of the rapidly growing product capabilities
•Expert knowledge of AWS and Azure implementations including,
Azure active directory, data governance, resource manager, container services, and configuration manager.
AWS IAM & SSO, AWS VPC/Networking, AWS Security Suite, Audit & Compliance. AWS well architected framework.
• Experience implementing cloud security solutions including role-based access, access management, identity and directory infrastructure, and Azure security center.
• Expert knowledge of multiple IT control and project management practices and experience working across large environments.
• Advanced working knowledge of public cloud based solutions and application program interfaces (APIs).
• Advanced working ability in Automation and Orchestration frameworks,
Automation tooling – Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Cloudformation, Ansible, Python).
Dev/Sec/Ops tooling (Pipelines, AzureDevops, Github Actions, Jenkins etc)
Kubernetes (EKS, Fargate, ECS, Openshift)
• Strong Network & Firewall troubleshooting and Cloud Networking Design and implementation ability
• Comprehensive technical documentation skills required.
•AWS certification preferred
•Supervisory experience and demonstrated leadership capabilities required
The typical base pay range for this role is between $127K - $154K depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. Additionally, our Total Rewards program provides colleagues with a competitive benefits package (in accordance with the eligibility requirements and respective terms of each) that includes comprehensive health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, educational assistance and training programs, income replacement for qualified employees with disabilities, paid maternity and parental bonding leave, and paid vacation, sick days, and holidays.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
At MUFG, our colleagues are our greatest assets. Our Culture Principles provide a roadmap for how each of our colleagues must think and act to become more client-obsessed, inclusive and innovative. They reflect who we are, who we want to be and what we expect from one another. We are excited to see you take the next step in exploring a career with us and encourage you to spend more time reviewing them!
Our Culture Principles
Listen Up. Speak Up.
Innovate & Simplify
Own & Execute