MUFG Application Performance Capacity & Monitoring Engineer, Vice President - Hybrid in Arlington, Texas
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 6th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 160,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
This is a hybrid position. The selected colleague will work at an MUFG office an average of two to three days per week with the remainder worked remotely.
• Identify, resolve, and call out capacity planning challenges
• Develop advanced queries and reports for management on critical metrics to improve the process effectiveness, efficiency, and data accuracy
• Design, develop, and implement automated processes for gathering, populating, and maintaining capacity and system utilization data
• Support DevOps and partner with application developers to find the best way to scale infrastructure, characterize transactional throughput and response time, reduce resource consumption and shorten request latency, and understand roadmaps
• Provide right-sizing and optimization for applications migrating to cloud/AWS and in support of data center consolidation
• Consult with business partners to resolve capacity and performance issues
• Maintain capacity and performance monitoring software tools
• Support multiple business services and solutions to identify service level and capacity requirements
• Anticipate and interpret business requirements to generate accurate demand trends and forecasts
• Drive alignment around capacity management best practices, including service design and performance evaluations, data collection and analysis, and reporting standards
• Identify capacity risks and mitigation for risks in a timely manner
• 6-8 years of related experience
• 3+ years working within the financial services industry
• Knowledge of common information security & risk management frameworks such as ISO 27001, ITIL, COBIT, and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) is preferred
• Expertise with capacity management for large, heterogeneous workloads
• Strong workload and performance analysis skills and experience optimizing compute sharing across batch and online workloads
• Strong working knowledge of a variety of technologies including but not limited to compute, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, VMware, virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), and architecture strategies to ensure high reliability
• Ability to perform application and infrastructure discovery and assessments
• Ability to perform server and application dependency analysis
• Knowledge of storage area network (SAN), orchestration, virtualization, and automation
• Knowledge of server platform technologies (AIX, VMware, Windows) and containers (Docker, OpenShift)
• Knowledge of storage platform technologies (EMC/NetApp, etc.)
• Good programming, scripting, query, and data analysis skills
• Proficiency in reporting project progress through dashboard presentations, project metrics, trend analysis, and executive reporting
• Experience with Python, Java, or C++ in a Linux/Unix AWS environment
• Experience in application and server migration, network and data center consolidation, and migration to AWS
• Experience in capacity management and infrastructure engineering for distributed server environments, as well as network and distributed storage environments
• Experience with private and public cloud
• Hands-on and working experience with capacity and performance monitoring software tools
• 6+ years of hands-on experience with IT system integration in capacity or engineering with ITIL knowledge, and/or technical program management experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation skills, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to apply technical expertise across business or disciplines
• Ability to think big picture and step back to understand the context of problems before applying analytical skills to address the issues at a more detailed level
• Highly motivated self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to work with minimal direct supervision
• Strong consulting, relationship building, and collaboration skills
• Effectively drives results independently and in a cross-functional team environment
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to effectively adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or any engineering field, or equivalent experience
• IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) or Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT) certified preferred
The typical base pay range for this role is between $128K – $156K depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and location. Additionally, our Total Rewards program provides colleagues with a competitive benefits package (in accordance with the eligibility requirements and respective terms of each) that includes comprehensive health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, educational assistance and training programs, income replacement for qualified employees with disabilities, paid maternity and parental bonding leave, and paid vacation, sick days, and holidays.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
At MUFG, our colleagues are our greatest assets. Our Culture Principles provide a roadmap for how each of our colleagues must think and act to become more client-obsessed, inclusive and innovative. They reflect who we are, who we want to be and what we expect from one another. We are excited to see you take the next step in exploring a career with us and encourage you to spend more time reviewing them!
Our Culture Principles
Listen Up. Speak Up.
Innovate & Simplify
Own & Execute