MUFG Union Bank AVP - Capital Markets Audit - Hybrid (NC, NY) in Charlotte, North Carolina
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
This is a hybrid position. There are flexible work from home options available. A member of our recruitment team will discuss the options with you in more detail.
The Associate, Senior Auditor position is a staff role within the Internal Audit for the Americas function. It reports to either a VP, Audit Manager or a Director, Senior Audit Manager. The position is primarily responsible for completing quality work within assigned time-frames and budgets. This is generally the execution of assigned audits, including planning, fieldwork, reporting, and issue tracking and follow-up.
Execute an efficient and effective program of audit work including aspects such as:
• Lead interviews of process owners to develop understanding of business processes, client’s business
• Identify potential risks and controls, and assist in developing scope and work programs
• Evaluate internal controls design and effectiveness
• Identify control weaknesses and suggest appropriate remediation
• Document results using appropriate business and technical language in workpaper system
• Report findings and client issues to Portfolio Manager or Senior Portfolio Manager
• Assist with workpaper review and report preparation
• Complete work on a timely basis and with high quality
• Maintain compliance with audit methodology, while also operating within industry best practices, applicable regulations, and internal and external professional practice expectations
• Build relationships with peers and clients within organization Act as a leader and role model and continuously improve self and department
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Five or more years of internal or external audit or risk management experience • Experience with the financial industry and related markets, and related regulatory bodies
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related business discipline at an accredited college or university.
• Knowledge of risk assessment, audit methodology, and execution
• Demonstrated proficiency in technology as required for assigned areas (MS Office, audit data analytics, etc.)
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Other skills as required in assigned areas of responsibility
• Compliant with MUFG Union Bank Code of Conduct, exhibits strong ethical behavior, and adheres to other similar professional requirements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.