MUFG Union Bank Business Intelligence Developer, Analyst - Hybrid - North Carolina in Charlotte, North Carolina
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
This is a hybrid position. There are flexible work from home options available. A member of our recruitment team will discuss the options with you in more detail.
• Support consultative relationships with key business stakeholders, proactively identifying and addressing BI needs to meet business needs, along with regulatory and compliance requirements
• Perform data preparation work (e.g., source, scrub, mine, and integrate relevant data sources) needed for the delivery of BI and data visualization solutions
• Support proof of concept projects to test and adopt emerging BI and/or advanced data visualization tools
• Assist with the delivery of BI reporting and dashboards as directed
• Contribute to implementation and maintenance of key performance indicators (KPIs) to support operational efficiency
• Provide support to convert ideas and business needs into meaningful report/dashboard designs and data requirements
• Support the partnership with business stakeholders to streamline and automate existing reporting, crucial for meeting regulatory and compliance requirements
• Support the development of a standard process for defining data requirements, managing governance, and creating BI reports and dashboards for use throughout the organization
• 3-5 years of experience designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining large-scale business intelligence (BI) and data visualization programs
• Experience in highly distributed complex business and technology environments
• Ability to translate complex technical designs and terminologies into simplified business language
• Experience with enterprise dashboard and reporting platforms (e.g., Tableau, QlikView, Oracle Business Intelligence, or Business Objects, etc.) with very large data sets
• Experience in wide range of analytics, BI, and big data technologies
• Experience in metadata process, data lineage, and traceability repositories and technologies
• Exposure to Hadoop or other big data and cloud computing technology is a plus
• Experience influencing non-technical aspects of technology change (e.g., business and operational architectures)
• Proven track record working with technical, customer, and functional teams
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, global environment with multiple priorities that require superior project management and decision-making capabilities
• Strong communication and persuasion skills; ability to create messaging materials that meet stakeholder preferences, including ability to present concepts verbally
• Undergraduate degree in statistics, operations research, data science, computer science, or in a science, technology, engineering, and/or math (STEM) discipline
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.