MUFG Union Bank Enterprise Data Aggregation Platform Analyst in Charlotte, North Carolina
Enterprise Data Aggregation Platform Analyst - 10041873-WD
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Provides sales management, credit management, database management and information reporting for division. Tracks and monitors customer reporting. Trains staff on bank & division systems, policies & procedures. Acts as a resource to administrative staff on their assigned projects. Event manager. Provides direct support to Market President and Senior Credit Manager as needed. Position serves as primary resource to others with respect to problem investigation and resolution
– Data integrity review of certain bank systems (ESB, TOPS, etc.) utilized by Division. This includes periodic sampling and audit work. Collaborate with officers to correct exceptions from EST Exception report, track delinquent customer reporting and credit approval actions, remediate key data and maintain data accuracy. Focal point for divisional data integrity turnaround reporting in areas such as RA, Basel, ESB, etc. and lead any necessary clean-up efforts. Review General Ledger reports to identify budget variances and abnormalities and research and certify suspense items. Identify and monitor controllable expenses.
– Ensure that staff follows Bank's policy and procedures on information security. This includes quarterly desk audits and certification of compliance as well as conducting periodic training and/or reminders to staff. Point contact person for division's emergency contingency plans.
Report development & generation
– Creates reports to meet management reporting needs. These can be standard or ad hoc reports including monthly ICRS credit reporting packages, RA Data, Basel Data, Profitability reports, Credit submission tracking, etc. Provide regular reporting and validation of data elements using standard or turnaround reports.
Event and ticket management
– Directs and manages several customer/employee events every year within specified budget. Responsible for monitoring, disbursement, control and accounts payable functions for bank-owned season tickets held by division. Liaison for all bank sponsored events.
– Personnel: Update confidential employee profile and compensation information. Process new hires and terminated employees. Support system input of goals, performance plans appraisals and scorecards. Monitor & approve time and attendance records. Budget: Assist with RC input to budget system. Presentations: Create presentations as requested for divisional meetings and for customer business proposals. Coordinate guest speakers.
Special projects, as assigned
– May include data clean-up, data conversions, system portfolio reassignments, form and/or workflow modifications, research, etc.
Position requires advanced administration and personal computer skills with proficiency in word processing, spread sheeting, presentation software and the internet.
Familiarity with bank standard software (Outlook, WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint, etc.) and bank systems (AFS, RACER, TOPS, ICRS, budget system, etc.) preferred.
Requires ability to direct and/or handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Excellent people management, problem solving, communication and writing skills required.
Management/project management experience preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified .
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Job : Corporate and General Services
Primary Location : NORTH CAROLINA-Charlotte
Other Locations : ARIZONA-Tempe
Job Posting : Mar 17, 2021, 2:03:39 PM
Shift: : Day
Schedule: : Full Time
Req ID: 10041873-WD