MUFG Union Bank Enterprise Data Platform Engineer, AVP - Hybrid - North Carolina in Charlotte, North Carolina
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
This is a hybrid position. There are flexible work from home options available. A member of our recruitment team will discuss the options with you in more detail.
• Design and build software components, including RESTful application programming interfaces (APIs), automated testing systems, event monitoring and notification systems, that implement key aspects of the full data lifecycle, including acquisition, transformation, management, export, and analytics
• Triage problems across the API stack to help address production issues
• Assist other engineering groups with application architecture and traffic pattern planning
• Maintain best practices to facilitate optimized software development and continuous improvement/continuous delivery (CI/CD)
• 5-6 years' experience in platform engineering, concentrating on scaling Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure, managing deployments in Kubernetes, and using configuration management tools such as Terraform or Salt
• Experience in the financial services or banking industry preferred
• Proficient in one or more object-oriented programming (OOP) languages like Python, Ruby, Java
• Advanced structured query language (SQL) skills
• Solid understanding of Linux operating system (OS), networking, security using Kerberos/Active Directory/Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)/PowerBroker
• Strong foundation in OOP and object-oriented design (OOD) principles
• [Specify platforms for this position]
• Experience troubleshooting Linux/Unix shell production systems
• Experience in configuration management systems like Chef or Terraform
• Experience with AWS and Kubernetes
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.