MUFG Union Bank Risk and Control Assessments, Vice President - Hybrid/NC in Charlotte, North Carolina
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
This is a hybrid position. The selected colleague will work at an MUFG office an average of two to three days per week with the remainder worked remotely.
In this role you will focus on implementing frameworks designed to identify, evaluate, and manage technology-related risks and controls across the company or a particular business or function. Responsibilities include integrating that framework with business operations and keeping key stakeholders across the organization informed about new or existing technology assets and third-party vendor engagements; leading or supporting various programs, including Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), process, risk, and control, and other risk policies, standards, and processes.
As part of an effective risk and control framework, Operations and Technology for the Americas (OTA) documents and executes risk and control assessments across processes related to Operations and Technology. There is a comprehensive coverage and joint accountability model that promotes early identification and assessment of operational and technology risk, effective design and evaluation of controls, and sustainable solutions to mitigate operational and technology risk.
• Serve as member of centralized control testing team overseeing timely completion of control testing activities associated with RCSA, Policy and Standard Control Testing (PSCT), and other assessment programs
• Report to senior management on control testing progress for all in-scope controls across assessment programs and entities
• Facilitate interactions between required key stakeholders to drive completion or resolution of identified issues related to control testing
• Coordinate with risk assessment teams to identify and report information risk- and project-related issues through appropriate methods (i.e., risk assessments, controls testing) to senior management, appropriate committees, and the Second Line of Defense (SLoD)
• Manage development of new documentation for processes, including but not limited to, procedures process flows, and risk and control identification, as required
• Manage updates to process documentation to reflect the current state of procedures, process activities, and process flows related to process area
• Evaluate and perform an end-to-end analysis of the risk and control environment to identify significant gaps and weaknesses in partnership with stakeholders, including process owners and control officers
• Manage the determination of inherent risk ratings, control ratings, and residual risk ratings of information risks
• Communicate control gaps and deficiencies and risk exposures to senior management and SLoD, as appropriate
• Communicate status reports to process / entity leads to ensure timely completion of assessment activities
• Manage iterative review and challenge of assessment results, work with appropriate stakeholders across the lines of defense, and resolve and manage conflicts or incongruities alongside process teams
• Liaise with the risk and control managers across all technology risk governance processes
• Partner with control colleagues across OTA and engage with other lines of defense as needed including risk, compliance, legal, and audit
• Participate in cross business and function governance to effectively manage risk
• Prepare and present materials for ongoing team meetings and meetings with OTA senior management
• Maintain and develop internal documentation related to control testing governance
• Partner with stakeholders, including process owners and control officers, to document controls, enhance control language and develop/maintain test scripts that validate controls are being performed in compliance with bank policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements to mitigate technology risk to the firm
• Support the execution and documentation of ITGC testing for in-scope processes across technology and First Line of Defense (FLoD) business units
• Lead technology walkthroughs for ITGCs and application controls and prepare meaningful documentation
• Execute testing of ITGCs and application controls based on internal and industry standards and guidelines for design and effectiveness
• Provide ongoing communication to internal stakeholders throughout the control testing process to keep them apprised of progress and findings, escalating when appropriate
• Manage iterative review and challenge of control testing results, working with appropriate stakeholders across the lines of defense (LoDs) to build consensus
• Manage control testing activities, including logistical scheduling and document retrieval to support control testing in accordance with internal requirements
• Provide project management support in tracking and coordinating the execution of policy and standards control testing activities
• Program management of strategic automated ITGC testing platform, including identifying and prioritizing controls for inclusion in the program
• Collaborate with process owners, control officers, and Business Unit Risk Managers (BURMs) to develop logic for automated control tests, identifying relevant data sources and measurement criteria for respective controls
• Communicate program status to senior management and stakeholders, identifying and escalating control gaps preventing adoption of automated testing
• Liaise with the LoDs to build consensus on effectiveness thresholds for automated testing
• Establish protocols to enable continuous control monitoring, leveraging automated control testing parameters
• Liaise with risk assessment team and other stakeholders to ensure control testing is in alignment with broader risk assessment activities
• Create synergies by identifying opportunities to repurpose control testing results to satisfy assessment requirements across the bank
• Develop and distribute status reporting and communication related to control testing activities
• Work collaboratively with risk and control team to execute against technology risk governance procedures
• Prepare materials for ongoing team meetings and meetings with OTA senior management
• 6-8 years of experience in IT risk and controls
• 7+ years of experience in a technology risk management role in information technology, information security, and/or operational risk management (includes operations, operational risk management, compliance, audit, and third party risk management within technology and/or information security), or a combination thereof
• Experience with process documentation, risk and control assessments, and designing/executing IT General Controls (ITGC) test scripts
• Understanding of the regulatory environment and regulations related to technology risk, and Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) and Federal Reserve Board (FRB) expectations
• Experience with problem solving in a team environment by thinking outside of the box, providing innovative solutions with and without technology
• Experience with managing resources effectively to execute required functions
• Prior supervisory and or management role with a focus on talent development
• Ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently, prioritize, and efficiently complete responsibilities while maintaining the highest quality
• Ability to support work streams with sometimes limited oversight/information from inception to completion
• Ability to identify obstacles and work in conjunction with others to identify options/solutions
• Ability to constructively work both independently and in collaborative environments involving all levels of management and employees
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to articulate information clearly and effectively
• Preferred: knowledge in technology areas including, but not limited to: access management, network security, enterprise architecture, release management and incident response
• Preferred: experience in a project management role
• Preferred: experience with process documentation, risk, and control assessments
• Preferred: proficient with Microsoft Office (Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
At MUFG, our colleagues are our greatest assets. Our Culture Principles provide a roadmap for how each of our colleagues must think and act to become more client-obsessed, inclusive and innovative. They reflect who we are, who we want to be and what we expect from one another. We are excited to see you take the next step in exploring a career with us and encourage you to spend more time reviewing them!
Our Culture Principles
Listen Up. Speak Up.
Innovate & Simplify
Own & Execute