MUFG Analyst, Program Governance and Administration – Global Financial Crimes Issues Management - Hybrid (TX, AZ) in Irving, Texas
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 6th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 160,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
This is a hybrid position. The selected colleague will work at an MUFG office an average of two to three days per week with the remainder worked remotely.
This Analyst role is in the Global Financial Crimes Division (GFCD) of MUFG Bank, Ltd. The role will be focused on supporting the administration and execution of the GFCD Issues Management Department (IM), including by developing procedure guidance documents, training materials and job aids, and coordinating implementation and execution of the GFCD IM standard and procedures across MUFG’s global network. . The Analyst will report into the Head of GFCD IM Program Governance and Administration.
• Gain familiarity with the MUFG financial crimes compliance framework, including the roles of Internal Audit and Compliance Testing
• Develop an understanding of global Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”), Sanctions and Anti-Bribery & Corruption (“ABC”) regulatory regime
• Support Global Financial Crimes Division Issues Management in the development of procedures, training materials, job aids, FAQs, and other material to support process execution
• Administer and provide substantive content in connection with key governance forums, including staff and stakeholder meetings
• Manage issue data in the GFCD IM Database, including issue record data entry, review, update, and monitoring according to required timeframes and protocols
• Review data, analyze data quality, determine process trends or systemic issues, deliver actionable recommendations, and drive necessary actions
• Perform Quality Checks (QC) on the execution of issues management requirements and provide credible challenge for QC activities of internal and external stakeholders
• Support GFCD IM team members in the development, execution, and maintenance of key program processes and initiatives
• Support coordination on issues management activities with functions across all three lines of defense
• Facilitate communication between GFCD IM teams, including Program Governance, Data Sourcing, Database Management & Reporting, Data Analysis, and Issues Management Operations
• BBA/ BA/BS Degree required
• 0-3 years of experience in Financial Services, preferably in Financial Crimes Compliance or Risk Management areas.
• Expertise in Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, and Office Suite of applications
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Team-oriented approach to completing objectives
• Ability to influence key stakeholders across various systems divisions within MUFG
• Strong ability to drive complex discussions with MUFG management and stakeholders
• ACAMS or relevant professional qualification is a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
At MUFG, our colleagues are our greatest assets. Our Culture Principles provide a roadmap for how each of our colleagues must think and act to become more client-obsessed, inclusive and innovative. They reflect who we are, who we want to be and what we expect from one another. We are excited to see you take the next step in exploring a career with us and encourage you to spend more time reviewing them!
Our Culture Principles
Listen Up. Speak Up.
Innovate & Simplify
Own & Execute