MUFG Union Bank Associate - Intrepid Investment Bankers - Healthcare in Los Angeles, California
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank®, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we have our clients’ best interest in mind and draw on more than 160 years of experience to understand their distinct needs to tailor our solutions. We’re part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world’s most trusted financial group, knowing that trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential.
Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
Intrepid provides M&A, capital raising and strategic advisory services to entrepreneurs and middle-market companies in various industry sectors. Our heritage breeds a culture that embraces teamwork, tenacity and creativity to help our clients win big. We believe that every company has an entrepreneurial passion that drives it and a story that defines it. Our team delivers results through skillful positioning and relentless execution. Based in Los Angeles, Intrepid augments its international capabilities through its active participation in Oaklins, an exclusive global alliance of M&A advisory firms.
This is a hybrid position. There are flexible work from home options available. A member of our recruitment team will discuss the options with you in more detail.
Associate/AVPs, are an important part of Intrepid deal teams, working closely with Managing Directors, Directors, Vice Presidents, Analysts and clients. Investment Banker I are involved in all phases of execution including:
• Organizing, reviewing and analyzing due diligence processes and materials
• Developing valuation analyses and models (projections, LBO, DCF, public comparables, historical M&A transactions, etc.)
• Preparing comprehensive pitchbooks, information memoranda, management presentations and marketing materials
• Compiling prospective acquirer lists and contacting acquirers
• Performing key steps in the sale execution process
• Building relationships and maintaining direct contact with current and prospective clients
• Assisting senior bankers in firm building activities (training, recruiting, mentoring, etc.)
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
• 2-5 years of sellside M&A advisory and investment banking experience
• Outstanding academic credentials from a top tier school
• Team player willing to take an integral role in Intrepid's growth
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Highly proficient financial analysis and modeling skills
• Significant level of maturity and the ability to work as part of a small team
• Self-starter willing to work in an entrepreneurial, demanding and fast paced environment
• Proficiency with S&P Capital IQ and online data room platforms
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.