MUFG Intrepid Managing Director - Healthcare in Los Angeles, California
Known for its unique entrepreneurial culture that values teamwork and transparency, Intrepid offers highly motivated individuals the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to client engagements and take on important leadership initiatives within the firm, resulting in a high level of job satisfaction while building a solid foundation for your career. Our culture values the development and well-being of our team-members and fosters strong camaraderie throughout the firm, resulting in some of the highest retention rates in the industry.
Intrepid is a specialty investment bank and provides M&A, capital raising and strategic advisory services to entrepreneurs, family-owned companies, private equity sponsors and major corporations, through dedicated banking teams with deep industry sector experience and over three decades of experience. The firm is based in Los Angeles, with additional offices in Menlo Park, New York, Chicago, and Charlotte. Intrepid is the middle-market advisory arm of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (NYSE: MUFG), the 6th largest financial group in the world.
This is a hybrid position. The recruiter will provide additional details.
Sr. Investment Banker I, Managing Directors, are an important part of Intrepid deal teams, working closely with junior bankers and clients. Managing Directors are involved in all phases of execution including:
• Building relationships with deal referral sources and business owners
• Identifying, qualifying and generating new prospect leads
• Managing the client relationship and overseeing all client and counter-party communication
• Leading a specific practice or product area, as applicable, and developing thought leadership in target sectors;
• Overseeing due diligence processes and materials;
• Overseeing the creation of financial models and valuation analyses and ultimately all collateral material used in the transaction process;
• Managing the creation of comprehensive pitchbooks, information memoranda, management presentations and marketing materials;
• Overseeing all key steps in the sale execution process and leading all negotiations and strategy development;
• Assisting other bankers in firm building activities (training, recruiting, mentoring, etc.).
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
• 10+ years of experience in sell-side M&A advisory;
• Minimum 5 years of Healthcare M&A;
• Fundamental understanding of [specific industry sector or product, as applicable];
• Outstanding academic credentials from a top tier school;
• Team player willing to take an integral role in Intrepid's growth;
• Excellent written and oral communications skills;
• Highly proficient financial analysis and modeling skills;
• Significant level of maturity and the ability to work as part of a small team;
• Self-starter willing to work in an entrepreneurial, demanding and fast paced environment
The typical base for this role is $250 K, depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and location. Depending on corporate title, role in the transaction, productivity, and type of incentive payout, participants can be eligible for compensation that includes a guaranteed salary against the variable incentive amount, that can range up to 25% per transaction, subject to final approval by the CEO of Intrepid. Additionally, our Total Rewards program provides colleagues with a competitive benefits package (in accordance with the eligibility requirements and respective terms of each) that includes comprehensive health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, educational assistance and training programs, income replacement for qualified employees with disabilities, paid maternity and parental bonding leave, and paid vacation, sick days, and holidays.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
At MUFG, our colleagues are our greatest assets. Our Culture Principles provide a roadmap for how each of our colleagues must think and act to become more client-obsessed, inclusive and innovative. They reflect who we are, who we want to be and what we expect from one another. We are excited to see you take the next step in exploring a career with us and encourage you to spend more time reviewing them!
Our Culture Principles
Listen Up. Speak Up.
Innovate & Simplify
Own & Execute