MUFG Global & Americas Regional Information Technology Audit, Managing Director in New York, New York
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 7th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 160,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
This is a hybrid position. The selected colleague will work at an MUFG office or client sites up to four days per week and work remotely the remaining day(s). A member of our Talent Acquisition team will provide more details.
The Managing Director, Division Audit Executive position is a senior management role within Global Internal Audit. It has a dual reporting line to the Global Chief Auditor-Head of Internal Audit Division in Tokyo and to the Managing Director, Americas Chief Audit Executive. The position sets global strategy for IT audit coverage of governance, risk management and the control environment. It owns relationships with C-level executives and will have board-level interaction from time to time. The position is responsible for all aspects of audit coverage including audit strategy, internal and external stakeholder management, staff management, and accountability for the quality of and judgment calls in resulting audit work.
Main Responsibilities for the Americas Region:
• Structure and oversee an efficient and effective approach to IT audit coverage.
• Develop and manage a team of senior managers, who will be directly accountable for IT Audit development and execution
• Effectively manage Executive Committee of the Americas (ECA)-level relationships to a mutually accountable, productive, respectful, and trusted level
• Act as a leader and role model; engage as a team player in the Audit Senior Leadership Team; develop staff across the department; and continuously improve self and department
• Maintain compliance with audit policies, while also operating within industry best practices, applicable regulations, and internal and external professional practice expectations
Main Responsibilities for Global:
• Oversee the execution of risk assessment and annual planning for respective audits;
• Manage and oversee the respective Regional Heads in their management of the regional offices;
• Oversee the respective audit executions and related activities conducted by global and/or regional auditors across the Bank and its subsidiaries;
• Oversee the respective auditors as they implement and maintain globally consistent audit standards;
• Coordinate with the Global Chief Auditor-Head of Internal Audit Division (GCA), Global Chief Operations Officer-Audit (GCOO) and Regional Chief Audit Executives (RCAEs) to develop and oversee tracking of the annual audit plan, budget and resource/staffing plans for Audit;
• In coordination with the GCOO, present the budget and resource/staffing plans for audit to the GCA for final approval
• Provide sign-off on respective audit reports prior to issuance;
• Coordinate with respective RCAEs to address specific requirements from stakeholders in each region;
• Comply with local regulations which each RCAE is required to comply with (e.g., SR13-1 in the
U.S. and SMR in the U.K., etc.);
• Coordinate with the GCA, GCOO and RCAEs to develop management and Board- level reporting for all relevant audit matters;
• Ensure global audit teams execute work within the policies, practices, and procedures, defined by the functional Global Head/Directors in support of the Framework;
• Coordinate with functional Global Head/Director on workforce matters;
• Coordinate with functional Global Head/Director on standards, practices, and operations for global audits; and,
• Coordinate with Chief of Staff for Internal Audit (the “Chief of Staff”) in attaining official approval from the GCA, or the Chief Audit Officer of the Bank on global matters regarding expense budget and/or its distribution according to the official process used in Home Office.
Expected level of skills & experience:
• Fifteen plus years of internal or external IT audit and/or IT risk management experience, including significant management and leadership responsibility
• Extensive experience with the financial industry and related markets, related regulatory bodies, and current industry events and trends
• Extensive knowledge and experience of audit operations, risk assessment, audit methodology, and quality assurance practices
• Demonstrated proficiency in technology
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
The typical base pay range for this role is between $250K - $300K depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and location. This role may also be eligible for certain discretionary performance-based bonus and/or incentive compensation. Additionally, our Total Rewards program provides colleagues with a competitive benefits package (in accordance with the eligibility requirements and respective terms of each) that includes comprehensive health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, educational assistance and training programs, income replacement for qualified employees with disabilities, paid maternity and parental bonding leave, and paid vacation, sick days, and holidays. For more information on our Total Rewards package, please click the link below.
MUFG Benefits Summary (https://careers.mufgamericas.com/sites/default/files/document/2023-01/mb-live-well-work-well.pdf)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
At MUFG, our colleagues are our greatest assets. Our Culture Principles provide a roadmap for how each of our colleagues must think and act to become more client-obsessed, inclusive and innovative. They reflect who we are, who we want to be and what we expect from one another. We are excited to see you take the next step in exploring a career with us and encourage you to spend more time reviewing them!
Our Culture Principles
Listen Up. Speak Up.
Innovate & Simplify
Own & Execute