MUFG Union Bank Interest Rate Risk Management, Vice President in New York, New York
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we’re 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
The incumbent will support enhancing the IRR Management Functions at MUFG Bank Branches, including NII/EAR/EVE analysis and management, portfolio reporting, new product assessments, policy and procedure maintenance.
- Analyze, Assess and control the IRR risks embedded in the MUFG Bank branches balance sheets and funding portfolio to achieve the targeted profitability for PMG.
- Plan, execute and review Business Line, treasury funding and investment strategies, ensuring Interest Rate risk is appropriately maintained within limits
- Analyze and assess the balance sheet, upcoming customer transactions, including new products assessments to ensure bookings accurately reflect the underlying transaction
- Conduct research on financial markets, economies and policies and there effects on IRR and Liquidity and Funding strategies
- Input into the development of MUFG Bank funding plans, including intercompany flows, MLT gap management frameworks, Liquidity Buffers
- Support the department in the following areas.
- Review and Analyze and Enhancement of IRR reporting
- Assisting the director of treasury funding in planning and implementation of funding strategies and deposit business plan.
- Creation of IRR strategy and working with Funding and Investment desks to implement strategies, including committee materials.
- Support applicable compliance and governance related matters as necessary including regulatory reviews related to IRR and liquidity.
Support system enhancement projects and development efforts to make PMG’s operations more efficient and productive.
Collaborate with Global and Local MUFG Americas entities to share best practices and enhance co-ordination.
The team member will have 5 years of Interest Rate Risk and liquidity management experience; including experience in calculating NII/EVE/EAR and liquidity stress testing and assumption development.
The team member will have knowledge of current industry trends in IRR and liquidity management including current regulatory requirements, and a proven record of setting policy and procedure
Advanced excel and macro skills are a preferable.
Understanding of risk management practices, financial market instruments and regulatory requirements in a foreign banking organization is required including current regulatory requirements such as IRRBB, EPS, etc
Conceptual banking skills and an understanding of balance sheet and income statement dynamics as well as understanding of bank accounting practices
Working knowledge of systems such as OFSAA ALM, QRM, STATA and OBIEE highly desirable
Good quantitative and problem solving skills
A clear and effective communicator - both written and oral
Ability to deliver practical solutions in a collaborative and fast paced working environments
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified .
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Primary Location: NEW YORK-New York
Schedule Full Time
Req ID: 10038217-WD