MUFG Union Bank INTERN CONVERSION: HR in New York, New York
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
Job Summary: This function provides HR support to Wholesale Banking by providing full generalist support. This includes working with specialist HR teams, management of employee relations issues (either directly or in conjunction with the specialist employee relations team), implementation of effective people management strategies and ensuring that firm policies and procedures are adhered to across the business area.
Major Responsibilities: - Responsible for following established guidelines and identifying and resolving problems. - Individual at this level is expected to use some independence of thought but to refer more complex problems to supervisors or other experts. - Individual would be expected to contribute to workflow or process change and redesign, and to form a strong basic understanding of the specific product or process. - May also be accountable for regular reporting or process administration as owner. - Understand Business Models and Collaborate with Departments to Promote Strategic Business Objectives. - Collaborate with Business Lines in Evaluation & Review of Compensation & Performance, including:- Mid-year Review - Collect and Confirm Ratings of Annual Performance Analysis - Off-Cycle Salary Increases.
- Assist Business Lines in the Strategy and Processing of Recruitment:- Requisition Approval and Agency Selection
- Review Job Posting and Employee Referrals
- Summer Intern Interview, Selection and Staffing
- Final Candidate Selection and Closing of Requisitions Internally and Externally
- Administer Employee Transfer Notices and Offer Letters
- Collect Applicant Tracking Data from Agencies
- Collaborate with Generalists on Annual Review of Agencies and Process
Contracts. - New Hire Processing:- Conduct Employee Onboarding Meetings and Process New Hire Documents - Coordinate New Hire Visa Sponsorship with Legal and Outside Counsel - Serve as a presenter at Monthly New Hire Orientation - Monitor and Follow-up on Employee Background Checks for Assigned Groups. - support business Lines in the Strategy & processing of all
- Employee Terminations:- Generate and Distribute Termination Notices
Conduct Exit Interviews
Liaise with TALX on Unemployment Claims
- Liaise with Outside Counsel and LOA Regarding Bank Sponsored Visas and Green Cards.
- Create, Prepare and review data requests utilizing Crystal reports
- Prepare Inbound and Outbound Agreements for Expatriates
- Serve as Gatekeeper of the H.R. regulatory change management Procedure.
- Liaise with MUS Regarding Terminations, new Hires, Transfers within CIB.
- Special projects as Assigned. Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience in Human Resources.
- Basic knowledge of employment/labor laws.
- Basic knowledge of payroll accounting.
- Great attention to detail.
- Positive customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills. Ability to work independently.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.