MUFG Tax Associate/ AVP- Hybrid in New York, New York
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 7th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 160,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
This is a hybrid position. The recruiter will provide additional details.
Reporting to the Director of Domestic Tax Planning and Audit, the Tax Associate is responsible for assisting in managing federal tax audits and tax controversy activities for MUAH and BTMU HQA (collectively, “Companies”). This position is responsible for assisting the Director in working with and coordinating all aspects of the Companies’ federal income tax audits. Responsibilities also include assisting with projects in the tax department including the tax department’s budget and consulting on the Companies’ business unit initiatives.
Minimum Job requirements: Skills and Experience Requirements:
• Minimum of 5 years of progressive federal tax work experience including working with tax audits
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting and advanced graduate degree studies in taxation is a plus.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all levels of internal and external personnel.
• Highly developed interpersonal, project management, organizational, analytical and writing skills.
• Ability to work effectively with various levels of tax, accounting and various business unit staff.
• Experience managing tax processes and data flow using financial, regulatory, compliance and tax systems.
• Exposure to tax research and planning is a plus
• CPA license is a plus but not required.
• Requires demonstrated knowledge of fundamental tax law.
• Understanding US GAAP/Federal tax differences and applying this knowledge to tax returns and Schedule M adjustments.
Candidate Skill and Abilities:
• A self-directed approach to dealing with tax situations.
• Self-motivated for instituting process improvements.
• Possess strong communication and writing skills.
• Ability to work as part of team and share and build on ideas.
• Ability to work well with external advisors.
• Ability to work collaboratively with business unit.
The typical base pay range for this role is between $85K - $105K depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and location. Additionally, our Total Rewards program provides colleagues with a competitive benefits package (in accordance with the eligibility requirements and respective terms of each) that includes comprehensive health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, educational assistance and training programs, income replacement for qualified employees with disabilities, paid maternity and parental bonding leave, and paid vacation, sick days, and holidays. For more information on our Total Rewards package, please click the link below.
MUFG Benefits Summary (https://careers.mufgamericas.com/sites/default/files/document/2023-01/mb-live-well-work-well.pdf)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
At MUFG, our colleagues are our greatest assets. Our Culture Principles provide a roadmap for how each of our colleagues must think and act to become more client-obsessed, inclusive and innovative. They reflect who we are, who we want to be and what we expect from one another. We are excited to see you take the next step in exploring a career with us and encourage you to spend more time reviewing them!
Our Culture Principles
Listen Up. Speak Up.
Innovate & Simplify
Own & Execute