MUFG Vice President, Portfolio Management Group – Real Estate Structured Transactions, Digital Infrastructure in New York, New York
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 7th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 160,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
This is a hybrid position. The selected colleague will work at an MUFG office or client sites up to four days per week and work remotely the remaining day(s). A member of our Talent Acquisition team will provide more details.
As this position is part of the Portfolio Management Group - TMT & Sports org, you will gain exposure to TMT & Sports verticals.
• Directly and independently communicate with credit division and ensure it is provided with all related information/analysis pertinent to making a decision with little support from management.
• Develop and validate assumptions to build 3–5-year projection models when leading deals.
• Alongside a small deal team, participate in the preparation of deal screening memos and credit applications, along with any other internal/external presentation materials for transactions.
• Work closely with internal/external parties, including deal team, client management teams, other lenders, consultants, due diligence providers, legal counsel, etc.
• Support and mentor junior analysts in credit risk management process. Train and support junior analysts on OJT basis as assigned by MD. Guide junior analysis in completing complex assignments. Study, develop and enhance analytical skills of the team through close communication.
• 7-10 years of work experience in financial institutions in credit and risk related function analyzing corporate structure, with minimum 3 years specific prior experience in project finance/real estate underwriting and transaction experience – Digital Infrastructure (data centers, fiber, towers) a plus.
• Experience in modeling property cash flows and levered cash flows
• Strong familiarity with real estate related legal documents (including but not limited to loan documents, commercial leases, and appraisals)
• Perform detailed underwriting, highlighting key performance trends, and benchmarking TMT (and digital infrastructure) performance against industry norms.
• Responsible for in-depth knowledge of Data Centers and all current events utilizing internal and external sources.
• Portfolio management experience performing on going due diligence and regularly scheduled reviews. Analyze credit risk of the designated portfolio, determine accurate ratings and make recommendations of accurate and timely ratings to management.
The typical base for this role is $175,000 depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. Additionally, our Total Rewards program provides colleagues with a competitive benefits package (in accordance with the eligibility requirements and respective terms of each) that includes comprehensive health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, educational assistance and training programs, income replacement for qualified employees with disabilities, paid maternity and bonding leave, and paid vacation, sick days, and holidays. For more information on our Total Rewards package, please click the link below.
MUFG Benefits Summary (https://careers.mufgamericas.com/sites/default/files/document/2023-01/mb-live-well-work-well.pdf)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
At MUFG, our colleagues are our greatest assets. Our Culture Principles provide a roadmap for how each of our colleagues must think and act to become more client-obsessed, inclusive and innovative. They reflect who we are, who we want to be and what we expect from one another. We are excited to see you take the next step in exploring a career with us and encourage you to spend more time reviewing them!
Our Culture Principles
Listen Up. Speak Up.
Innovate & Simplify
Own & Execute