MUFG Union Bank Branch Service and Sales Officer, Glen Avon, Riverside, CA in Riverside, California
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank®, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we have our clients’ best interest in mind and draw on more than 160 years of experience to understand their distinct needs to tailor our solutions. We’re part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world’s most trusted financial group, knowing that trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential.
Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
The Branch Service and Sales Officer is responsible for assisting and educating clients on self-service banking options (for example, mobile, online, ATM) as well as performing day-to-day Branch operations activities, including but not limited to client-facing transactions and maintenance, cash handling and identifying sales opportunities. The incumbent will be expected to develop long-standing and mutually beneficial banking relationships through the process of profiling while opening new accounts. The position requires great flexibility and nimbleness as the incumbent must be comfortable expertly executing all branch sales and service functions and engaging in high degrees of interaction with customers. Responsibilities within amount of time focused between sales and service activities may fluctuate based on branch staffing and market opportunity of assigned branch.
Management or Supervision: No
40% Sales Support Activities
• Build strong and lasting financial relationships with customers.
• Build on a holistic understanding of customer needs to build brand trust and become their primary institution.
• Ensure customers have complete and accurate understandings of product features, including service charges, interest rates, etc.
• Maintain a current and thorough understanding of all consumer and business-related products and services and ensure proficiency in new account opening systems and procedures.
• Open deposit accounts and sell banking products as appropriate for the customer’s needs (examples: credit cards, CDs, loans).
• Ensure customers are connected to the appropriate teammate or partner to help them achieve their financial goals; make sure all sales, service and specialized needs are met; and help drive overall branch growth.
40% Customer Service and Branch Operations
• Assist Branch Manager to ensure consistent and exceptional experiences are provided to foster customer satisfaction and retention.
• Leverage available resources and technologies (such as tablets and kiosks, where appropriate) to optimize the customer experience and serve our customers with operational excellence and accuracy.
• Displays passion, commitment and drive to deliver an experience that improves our customers’ financial lives.
• Perform teller transactions and maintain cash drawer within prescribed cash limits and meet cash balancing requirements.
• Exercise sound judgment when processing customer transactions and providing approvals.
• Actively support the programs and goals of Branch and Bank Management and must be able to operate the office in the absence of other branch officers.
• Effectively resolve problems, exceptions, and account adjustments.
• Approve or disapprove transactions within assigned authority limits.
20% Risk Management and Compliance
• Responsible for following and adhering to all bank operational and security policies and procedures, including compliance and privacy policies and procedures to maintain customer confidentiality.
• Ensure the branch staff understands, has knowledge of, and adheres to operating procedures and regulatory requirements. Assisting the branch in the training and support of risk mitigation activities when necessary.
• Exercise sound judgment when processing customer transactions and providing approvals
• Typically requires 2+ years of experience and increasing levels of responsibility within branch operations
• Requires a thorough knowledge of all Bank products and services, as well as effective communication and sales abilities.
• A background in operations and/or financial services (to include consumer lending) is preferred.
• Proven sales track record and sound operational and risk management knowledge required.
• Under minimal supervision, must be able to solve complex customer transactions and/or service issues, while providing outstanding customer service.
• Possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Basic Microsoft Office Skills.
• Skilled at and/or aptitude for assessing customer needs, providing applicable solutions/recommendations, and building customer relationships based on mutual trust to optimize sales opportunities to new and existing customers.
• Ability to build solid relationships with teammates, business partners and specialists by fostering teamwork, partnership and collaboration in a virtual or face-to-face environment.
• Actively use and leverage current technologies to better understand the technology solutions available to improve our customers’ financial lives.
• Ability to learn and understand technology to assist customers with self-service needs.
• Apply strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to meet customers’ needs.
• Demonstrate initiative, a commitment to continuous learning, and the ability to adapt to changing demands and requirements.
• Ability to understand and implement process and/or regulatory requirements during all interactions with customers (examples: Anti-Money Laundering, appropriate disclosures.)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong influencing skills
Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations (as defined by the SAFE Act) must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements. If at any time the Bank determines that your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in your immediate termination.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.