MUFG Union Bank Branch Service Specialist, Part-time 36 Hours, Fourth and Laurel, San Diego, CA in San Diego, California
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank®, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we have our clients’ best interest in mind and draw on more than 160 years of experience to understand their distinct needs to tailor our solutions. We’re part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world’s most trusted financial group, knowing that trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential.
Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
We're seeking a Branch Service Specialist who is responsible for providing our customers with an excellent banking experience. As part of the front line of customer service, you would be responding to client inquiries and customer requests, processing transactions, resolving difficult or complex issues, and making quality sales referrals. Specifically, the job entails resolving complaints in a professional manner or forwarding the issue accordingly, suggesting additional bank services where appropriate, and approving documents and transactions (e.g., G/L tickets, IBC's, Customer Charges, Deposits, etc.). Additional responsibilities could involve:
Customer Service Transactions
• Maintain cash drawer within prescribed cash limits and meet cash balancing standards.
• Perform more complex tasks such as Safe Deposit activities, merchant teller services, remote branch capture, etc., in compliance with established policies, procedures, and standards.
• Participate in sales promotions and meet monthly referral goals and potentially train tellers to effectively identify quality referral opportunities.
• Responsible for following and adhering to all bank operational and security procedures, including compliance and privacy policies to maintain customer confidentiality.
• Conform to all government compliance regulations.
As the right candidate, you should meet the following criteria:
• Customer service and cash handling experience.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal communication.
• Good math, reading, and comprehension abilities.
• Familiarity with standard branch technology and teller equipment.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• 2+ years of experience in customer service at a retail bank.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
At Union Bank, our colleagues are our greatest assets. Our Culture Principles provide a roadmap for how each of our colleagues must think and act to become more client-obsessed, inclusive and innovative. They reflect who we are, who we want to be and what we expect from one another. We are excited to see you take the next step in exploring a career with us and encourage you to spend some time reviewing them!
Our Culture Principles
Listen Up. Speak Up.
Innovate & Simplify
Own & Execute