MUFG Union Bank Private Wealth Advisor II, Vice President (San Diego, CA) in San Diego, California
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank®, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we have our clients’ best interest in mind and draw on more than 160 years of experience to understand their distinct needs to tailor our solutions. We’re part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world’s most trusted financial group, knowing that trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential.
Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
We're seeking a Private Wealth Advisor to manage relationships with clients in the affluent $3MM+ market segment. You will attract and deepen sophisticated financial relationships through the use of Private Wealth Management tools and processes. In addition, you will cultivate internal and external referral networks to source new high net worth clients and achieve quarterly and annual performance goals.
65% Business Development
- Act as a consultative and trusted advisor, anticipating client needs to cross-sell opportunities
- Implement defined sales processes with prospective and existing clients.
- Conduct discovery meetings, prepare presentations, follow-up on client contacts, and implement solutions using Bank products and services.
- Monitor, maintain and update sales activity, pipeline and other pertinent information using sales management tools.
35% Relationship and Risk Management
- Build and maintain balanced portfolio growth, portfolio profitability, and overall portfolio retention.
- Minimize risk through call program with regularly scheduled face to face meetings.
- Analyze and respond to client's wealth management needs, including resolving problems clients may experience and ensure proper handling of service requests, balancing risk and opportunity.
- Represent the Bank in the community by becoming active in professional and community groups.
The right candidate will have:
- 5 -8 years experience in financial sales with the high net worth segment
- 5 years experience in commercial real estate and/or consumer lending experience dealing with highly complex cases
- Series 7 and either a Series 66 or Series 63 & 65 licenses are required (full licensing required within 180 days of hire)
- CFP (Certified Financial Planner), CFA (Certified Financial Analyst), CTFA (Certified Trust and Financial Advisor), and other related professional designations are highly desired
- Strong skills in the following areas in dealing with high net worth clients: wealth planning, investments, risk management, trust and estate services, estate and tax planning principles, and banking & loans.
- Understanding of highly complex personal and commercial financial documents and consumer or commercial lending
- Extensive knowledge of investments, trust, and credit products
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills with an aptitude for sales
- Ability to prospect, anticipate needs, and close sales opportunities
- Effectively assemble and lead advisory team of Bank partners in addressing client needs
- Bachelor's degree, Master's degree in Business preferred
Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations (as defined by the SAFE Act) must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements. If at any time the Bank determines that your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in your immediate termination.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
At Union Bank, our colleagues are our greatest assets. Our Culture Principles provide a roadmap for how each of our colleagues must think and act to become more client-obsessed, inclusive and innovative. They reflect who we are, who we want to be and what we expect from one another. We are excited to see you take the next step in exploring a career with us and encourage you to spend some time reviewing them!
Our Culture Principles
Listen Up. Speak Up.
Innovate & Simplify
Own & Execute