MUFG Union Bank Managing Director(Hybrid)Senior Investment Banker in San Francisco, California
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank®, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we have our clients’ best interest in mind and draw on more than 160 years of experience to understand their distinct needs to tailor our solutions. We’re part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world’s most trusted financial group, knowing that trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential.
Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
Intrepid provides M&A, capital raising and strategic advisory services to entrepreneurs and middle-market companies in various industry sectors. Our heritage breeds a culture that embraces teamwork, tenacity and creativity to help our clients win big. We believe that every company has an entrepreneurial passion that drives it and a story that defines it. Our team delivers results through skillful positioning and relentless execution. Based in Los Angeles, Intrepid augments its international capabilities through its active participation in Oaklins, an exclusive global alliance of M&A advisory firms.
This is a hybrid position. There are flexible work from home options available. A member of our recruitment team will discuss the options with you in more detail.
Sr. Investment Banker I, Managing Directors, are an important part of Intrepid deal teams, working closely with junior bankers and clients. Managing Directors are involved in all phases of execution including:
• Building relationships with deal referral sources and business owners
• Identifying, qualifying and generating new prospect leads
• Managing the client relationship and overseeing all client and counter-party communication
• Leading a specific practice or product area, as applicable, and developing thought leadership in target sectors;
• Overseeing due diligence processes and materials;
• Overseeing the creation of financial models and valuation analyses and ultimately all collateral material used in the transaction process;
• Managing the creation of comprehensive pitchbooks, information memoranda, management presentations and marketing materials;
• Overseeing all key steps in the sale execution process and leading all negotiations and strategy development;
• Assisting other bankers in firm building activities (training, recruiting, mentoring, etc.).
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
• 10+ years of experience in sell-side M&A advisory;
• Minimum [five] years of [industry or product specific] M&A;
• Fundamental understanding of [specific industry sector or product, as applicable];
• Outstanding academic credentials from a top tier school;
• Team player willing to take an integral role in Intrepid's growth;
• Excellent written and oral communications skills;
• Highly proficient financial analysis and modeling skills;
• Significant level of maturity and the ability to work as part of a small team;
• Self-starter willing to work in an entrepreneurial, demanding and fast paced environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
At Union Bank, our colleagues are our greatest assets. Our Culture Principles provide a roadmap for how each of our colleagues must think and act to become more client-obsessed, inclusive and innovative. They reflect who we are, who we want to be and what we expect from one another. We are excited to see you take the next step in exploring a career with us and encourage you to spend some time reviewing them!
Our Culture Principles
Listen Up. Speak Up.
Innovate & Simplify
Own & Execute