MUFG Union Bank Branch Manager, Vice President, Casa de Oro, Spring Valley, CA in Spring Valley, California
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank®, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we have our clients’ best interest in mind and draw on more than 160 years of experience to understand their distinct needs to tailor our solutions. We’re part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world’s most trusted financial group, knowing that trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential.
Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
We're seeking a Branch Manager who is responsible for the overall operational efficiency and activities in a branch office. In the role, you will deliver a consistent customer service experience in the Branch and develop and train staff on sales and service.
To be successful, you must achieve assigned strategic objectives and Branch specific sales and profitability goals. You are also responsible for ensuring all staff adheres to Bank policy and procedures.
• Reviews, controls, and reports on general ledger activity.
• Writes business letters and reports pertaining to branch operations.
• Recruits staff for the branch and interviews and selects employees to hire.
• Responsible for all staff activities, including work assignments, schedules, performance reviews, promotions, disciplinary actions, and termination decisions.
• Evaluates processes and workflow to improve efficiency.
• Establishes the plan and strategy to acquire, retain, and expand the branch's customer base.
• Coaches sales staff to build effective interpersonal skills and determines training and development needs to ensure the attainment of sales targets.
• Detailed knowledge of the company's products or services.
• Ensures that operating procedures are being followed and trains staff on operating risk issues and handling of exceptions and adjustments.
• Ensures that the office is operating in a safe and effective manner.
The right candidate will have:
• 5 to 7 years of financial services experience with an emphasis on staff management for sales of consumer, small business lending, and if assigned, specialty segments such as Cash and Save, Priority etc.
• Customer service, supervisory, and administrative experience
• Commercial lending, direct lending or commercial loan underwriting experience with a history of delegated lending authority is highly preferred
• Analytical, communications, and time management skills
• Knowledge of operations and regulatory requirements
• General knowledge of Windows, MS Outlook, Excel, and Word
• Current portfolio of business or community networking contacts
Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations (as defined by the SAFE Act) must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements. If at any time the Bank determines that your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in your immediate termination.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.