MUFG Union Bank AVP, Financial Analyst- (Hybrid) in Tempe, Arizona
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
This is a hybrid position. There are flexible work from home options available. A member of our recruitment team will discuss the options with you in more detail.
Within the Analysis group of FP&A, the Financial Analyst produces and delivers meaningful, accurate, actionable, and timely financial analysis to Managers at all levels of the organization.
The adaptability of this team is key, as team members must not only understand our business partners' strategies, and operations, but also proactively anticipate and respond to environmental shifts.
• Provides comprehensive and complex financial analysis.
• Prepares, supervises, and provides quality control in the preparation of complex analytical and financial reports and presentations.
• Comfortable interacting with Sr. Management, making presentations, and recommendations.
• Familiar with all financial applications within FP&A and an understanding of the data relations and interdependencies.
• Conduct and direct financial-based research and analysis projects.
• Develop, interpret, and implement financial concepts for planning and control.
• Able to work collaboratively across all FP&A teams, identifying best practices and process efficiencies.
• May train/develop/provide guidance for junior team members
May be responsible for the following:
• Produce monthly, quarterly, annually and ad hoc, financial reports regarding trends, variances, profitability and performance measurement.
• Financial modeling, graphing and reporting.
• Analyze results and run checkpoint spreadsheets
• Update Transfer Pricing Methodologies / Process Restatements across multi-time periods / Review & Analysis of results
• Generate/review and publish monthly reports with analysis
• Enhance Customer Profitability (new data feeds, new products, new methodology)
Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree with 3-5 years of experience
Advanced understanding of: Banking products & financial statements, Transfer Pricing and Risk Management including cash flow analysis, Performance Measurement, the Bank's products, balance sheet, and income statement.
Strong Financial and Risk Management analytical skills
Advanced modeling experience; Understand Database Structure and various database tools
Strong Presentation & written communication skills
Experience with financial and risk management software- Hyperion reporting experience preferred
Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Access, PowerPoint; ability to model and create complex spreadsheets, look up tables, pivot tables; able to create and run SQL commands and understand/analyze the results
Intermediate to advanced skills in data analysis and design, and data mapping
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.