MUFG Global Financial Crimes - Exam & Audit Management, Vice President - Hybrid (Tempe, AZ) in Tempe, Arizona
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 7th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 160,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
This is a hybrid position. The selected colleague will work at an MUFG office or client sites up to four days per week and work remotely the remaining day(s). A member of our Talent Acquisition team will provide more details.
The Global Financial Crimes Division (GFCD) Exam and Audit Management (EAM) Vice President position sits within GFCD Program Management and reports into the GFCD Head of Exam and Audit Management. Global EAM is responsible for establishing a framework to promote uniformity in preparation for, management of, and reporting on, financial crimes exams and audits. Functional responsibilities of the role will include contributing to the production of GFCD EAM reporting and maintenance of the EAM central repository. This position is also responsible for continuing to establish and maintain the global EAM governance program in its management and support of financial crimes-related regulatory and audit engagements; and for leading efforts to assess, design and establish EAM for Core Compliance in the Americas. The role will at times lead global regulatory exam and audit preparation activities and may contribute to management of regional engagements as well.
• Supporting the Head of Exam and Audit Management and working with Regional EAM teams to define, implement and maintain the Bank’s global framework for managing financial crimes compliance-related regulatory examinations and internal audit reviews;
• Contributing to the review and analysis of financial crimes-related exam and audit management activities across the Bank via preparation of consolidated reporting and analysis, and trending of global themes for senior management and GFCD functions;
• Assisting with the build, ongoing maintenance, and administration of the central SharePoint repository and EAM tool for financial crimes exams and audits;
• Leading efforts to assess, design and establish EAM for Core Compliance in the Americas region;
• Supporting global regulatory or audit engagements and the regional EAM teams through advisory work and at times by providing on the ground engagement management;
• Developing a constructive and mutually beneficial relationship with GFC Internal Audit and relevant regulators.
• Assisting with communicating and advising on new framework requirements throughout the Bank to ensure consistency and alignment;
• Sharing lessons learned and best practices related to exam and audit management across the Bank.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required;
• Minimum of 5 plus years’ experience in banking or other financial institution setting, with a focus on exam and audit management. Prior experience as an auditor or examiner, preferred;
• Strong written, verbal and presentation skills;
• Previous exposure to internal audit functions and regulatory authorities, preferably across multiple jurisdictions;
• Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements in the financial crimes compliance space;
• Strong proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint required;
• Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities;
• Proven experience and skills gained within diverse organizations;
• Team player and ability to work collaboratively;
• Ability to establish and maintain strong, credible relationships across multiple departments and jurisdictions with key stakeholder groups including Compliance, Audit and Regulatory Examiners.
The typical base pay range for this role is between $120k-$150k depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and location. This role may also be eligible for certain discretionary performance-based bonus and/or incentive compensation. Additionally, our Total Rewards program provides colleagues with a competitive benefits package (in accordance with the eligibility requirements and respective terms of each) that includes comprehensive health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, educational assistance and training programs, income replacement for qualified employees with disabilities, paid maternity and parental bonding leave, and paid vacation, sick days, and holidays. For more information on our Total Rewards package, please click the link below.
MUFG Benefits Summary (https://careers.mufgamericas.com/sites/default/files/document/2023-01/mb-live-well-work-well.pdf)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
At MUFG, our colleagues are our greatest assets. Our Culture Principles provide a roadmap for how each of our colleagues must think and act to become more client-obsessed, inclusive and innovative. They reflect who we are, who we want to be and what we expect from one another. We are excited to see you take the next step in exploring a career with us and encourage you to spend more time reviewing them!
Our Culture Principles
Listen Up. Speak Up.
Innovate & Simplify
Own & Execute