MUFG Union Bank Senior IDQ Developer - Financial Crimes Data Quality (Hybrid/AZ) in Tempe, Arizona
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
This is a hybrid position. There are flexible work from home options available. A member of our recruitment team will discuss the options with you in more detail.
In this role, you will focus on establishing controls for the integrity of key data elements using a data quality framework as well as financial and non-financial reconciliations. Responsibilities include profiling data; analyzing measurement points; identifying and developing data quality rules, reconciliation controls, and dashboard reporting with results and anomalies; addressing incidents through data quality problem management process; developing and documenting processes for golden sources identification and certification as well as supporting data management integrated control framework; and managing full-lifecycle controls platform solutions, including requirements analysis; controls platform selection, design, and development; technical architecture design; and deployment.
• Facilitate our Data Integrity Informatica IDQ vision by developing and implementing Data Quality rules in IDQ.
• Coordination and interacting with technical and business groups within the department.
• Participate and contribute to data source identification, data mapping, functional design and detail design.
• Build and promote a self-service (factory model) Data Quality rules configuration, anomaly identification, and logging model.
• Support investigation (IDQ rule) activities and identify and work on additional IDQ rule refinements with support from source system SMEs.
• Execute initiatives based on this vision and ensure adherence to enterprise data standards, quality, and monitoring processes.
• Support the Business Lines Data Quality assessment needs.
• Ensure data sourcing best practices, straight-through data sourcing approach meets SLA
• Educate business and strategic partners on the value of Data Quality assessment, remediation and maintenance.
• Develop proof of concept prototypes for next-generation data profiling, data quality and integrity assessment toolsets
• Assist Business Data Stewards and Business Process Owners to achieve Data Quality & Monitoring goals.
• Participate in testing activities at all levels to include (test plans, test cases and test scripts), support fixes as necessary.
• Identify gaps between current capabilities and new requirements.
Strong hands-on experience with Informatica Data Quality (IDQ 10.x) tooling configuration, operation, development and SQL is required
Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices
Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets, and approaches related to data protection
Knowledge of data-related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
Knowledge of risk data architecture and technology solutions
Informatica Power Center - Advanced
Informatica Data Quality - Advanced
Data Profiling - SQL Querying (SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, GreenPlum postgres) - Advanced
Familiarity with Excel pivot based data profiling
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.