MUFG Union Bank Global FI EDD Program Management Support Vice President in United States
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
This is a hybrid position. There are flexible work from home options available. A member of our recruitment team will discuss the options with you in more detail.
Reporting directly to the Director – Global Head of Financial Institutions EDD Operations within the Global Financial Crimes Division (“GFCD”), this new position has been created to support the operational aspects of EDD for Banks and Non-Bank FI. The role holder is responsible for supporting the Global deployment of the FI EDD Ops program. The person will also be responsible for working with relevant Global business partners across the Business, Compliance and Technology teams to report and track progress on the various program initiatives, escalate issues and impact to the FI EDD Ops program.
· Provide program implementation support on projects impacting FI EDD Ops through go-live and pilot phase.
· Serve as liaison for FI EDD Ops with local, regional, and global business partners on various initiatives such as capacity planning efforts and technology development.
· Escalate and resolve risks and issues with local, regional, and global team members
· Assist with the preparation and submission of technology funding requests and annual organization budget requests to successful acceptance
· Draft, evaluate, and facilitate approve of inter-agency agreements with internal entities and formal contracts with external vendors for services or tools
· Prepare progress updates of operational changes for GFCD leadership, Senior Management, and the appropriate governance forums.
· Populate necessary Cross Border Data Movement (CBDM) forms to assess data transfer and processing between countries based on existing regulations
· Partner with the Data Privacy Office (DPO) to address questions and resolve risk recommendations related to CBDM forms
· Maintain internal and vendor relationships with service and tool providers for tools or processes required by the team to support each country in scope
· Ensure key project deliverables are actively tracked and met leveraging best in class project methodology and tools
· Track all project risks, assumptions, issues, and dependencies related to FI EDD Ops program activities
· Host regular project status meetings with operations, technology, and business teams to report progress
· Attend and report on behalf of team at program level meetings with stakeholders from local, regional, and global departments (necessary ad hoc meetings w/non-US based stakeholders) between the hours of 7:00 AM – 10:00 PM EST).
· Understanding of Financial Crimes Compliance & KYC, preferably specific to Financial Institutions customers.
· Experience within a global position, driving execution at global and local levels is a plus.
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel to cleanse, develop and interpret data, and produce reports, as well as project plans.
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint to produce reports, project strategy updates, status, and organizational charts.
· Ability to synthesize information from multiple data sources into a clear evaluation and recommended actions.
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to work with multiple lines of business, regional managers, senior management, and regulators.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently and meeting critical deadlines.
· Demonstrate strong leadership and management skills that build solid working relationships within the Bank.
· Ability and willingness to work independently.
Education, Licensure, Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree and CAMS Certificate preferred or equivalent work experience.
· Minimum of 10 years direct work experience in program and project management and / or KYC EDD / Financial Institutions EDD processes.
· Experience in Compliance, Control and Change Management, or Risk Management.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
At MUFG, our colleagues are our greatest assets. Our Culture Principles provide a roadmap for how each of our colleagues must think and act to become more client-obsessed, inclusive and innovative. They reflect who we are, who we want to be and what we expect from one another. We are excited to see you take the next step in exploring a career with us and encourage you to spend more time reviewing them!
Our Culture Principles
Listen Up. Speak Up.
Innovate & Simplify
Own & Execute